Tuesday, February 19, 2013

February...almost March!

Hey guys,

Hope this finds you all well out there.  I've been busy, busy as always.  This past weekend was a 3-day weekend, so I actually got a day off!  I almost always work on Saturday afternoons at the gym and then Sunday am is my cleaning shift over at the Courtright's.  No rest for the weary! 

Yesterday, Mike and I were gonna take his dog, Wheeler, and Kalyn's dog, Sasha, for a walk so they could get to know one another.  Sasha got sick the night before, so we decided we better not push her into a walk/hike.  We took Wheeler and went on a long walk to the end of Barranca Road, here in town, and at the end of the street was a trail!  We took that out a little ways and I took pictures of the beautiful scenery for Facebook.  Los Alamos has a TON of trails and I've only been on about 4-5.  It was about 40 degrees and both of us were in shorts!  It was a wonderful time and we were gone about an hour and a half.  We got hungry around 2:30 and attempted to go eat at El Parasol for some tacos, but they closed early for the holiday.  We ended up at Ruby K's and had a delicious meal there.  It's a bit more expensive, but it was good!  Mike had a quick golf practice with his High School kids and then we had a get-together at his house to celebrate President's day!  His sister and her hubby came over and we played Apples to Apples.  Mike's mom also played and she won! 

I got a lot done over the weekend!  Washed all the curtains in the house, washed some jackets, did some of Kalyn's laundry and sheets, Tyler's clothes and then did some dusting and cleaning of light fixtures.  I finished up Kalyn's taxes and got that mailed off today too.  The kids were busy all weekend with their dad, so it left the house available to me to attack and clean!  Shane stayed with Kevin from Friday til today.  Shane is now headed down to Clovis to see Barb.  She moved there last year some time.  Clovis is about a 4 hour drive from here.  The kids went shooting and hiking with Shane and Kev.  They had a great time! 

All the jobs are going well.  All 3 of us are still employed and trying to get things paid off!  Tyler paid off his car a week ago, so he's all excited now.  He is gonna go to school in August down at the Tech school in Socorro, NM.  He is busy saving up money and finishing up paying off his student loans from his last stint at College.  Kalyn is working a lot and applying for other full-time, steady jobs with benefits.  She's enjoying being back here and making money.  She is getting the word out with her waxing so she has done a few peoples brows already. 

Not too much else going on.  Been dog-sitting for Kev and another couple, here and there, so that's nice to get a little extra cash.  I always have something to keep me busy!  Been looking at more races to do, but have to pay taxes right now, so all my money is going towards that.  I'd like to do one a month, this year, just to see how that goes.  We shall see if I can make it happen.  That's all I've got!  Until next time...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment