Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tyler won!!

Hey all,

Been another busy week, but a good one nonetheless. I say a prayer every morning thanking God for the day ahead and for my kids and family....it always makes the day go better once you have your moments with God. :)

Tyler placed 3rd in the guitar competition held on November 12th!! He drove to Albuquerque and picked up his guitar the other day!! I promise to take a photo of it and post here, but I keep forgetting!! LOL Then, when I remember, Tyler is playing it. I suppose I could snap it then, but he would probably frown upon that! They had the guitars all listed wrong for each winner, so when he got there, he didn't get the guitar he thought he won. He had brought with him another guitar that he's been wanting to sell...soooo...he sold his orange one and sold the one he won and then bought the guitar he originally thought he won!! So, he did end up with the one he wanted! So proud of that boy! He is very talented!

Kalyn is doing well. She is working alot and that is to be expected when one has two jobs!! She also got her hair cut short, but it looks so cute on her. She takes Sasha for a walk everyday and then is busy with work. She is really liking both jobs. They are both in the same mall, so she doesn't have to go too far if she works at both on the same day.

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I went to Carrie and Kent's house (owners of the gym) for lunch and then went over to my friend Catrina's for dinner. I made sure to take small portions at each place, so I didn't overstuff myself! The plan worked and I'm very thankful for that!

The bank closed at 3 on Friday, so I went home and got my house all decorated for Christmas and the tree up. Then, I whipped up cookie dough and thought I was gonna just make the dough, but I figured I may as well have them baking while I'm making the dough! So, I ended up baking all the cookies last night. I made chocolate chip/m&m, oatmeal, peanut butter and then the peanut butter with the chocolate kiss in the middle. I was getting low on flour, but was able to whip up one small batch of sugar cookie dough today, so that tonight when I get home from work, I can work on those. I'm sending out cookies to Kalyn, my Mom, Reuben and my Dad, so I want to get all those "mailing" cookies done and out so I can concentrate on passing out my plates of cookies to friends and co-workers here. I also whipped up banana breads and pumpkin breads during the week, so I'm pretty relieved to almost be done with the Christmas baking. It's always fun to do this once a year! And of course, I always wear my apron that my Auntie Jacque made me!! ;)

Well, that is all for now....until next time....

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear Tyler took care of business and ended up with the guitar he wanted!! That is awesome!!!
    Sounds like you are just the bakingest woman in town!!
    My pumpkin pies disappeared right away and the 2 apple pies that Lety brought are still here. We ate on one of them but Minerva has 1/2 and I have a whole one. I think I will freeze mine.
    Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Toots...congrats to Tyler! As your Mom said, "that is awesome"! Wow...could you please send some of your energy my way? Cannot believe you have your Christmas baking done and it's not even December, yet. Glad you're getting some use out of your apron. Love ya! Auntie Jacque.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys, for the comments!! Auntie...I always read your blog!! You are very talented!! I'm getting ready to go to church today and then Santa Fe, shopping!! Dad just called me, so that was nice! He got his birthday gift so he wanted to thank me! :) Talk to you guys soon! That's funny about the pies Mom!

    ReplyDelete