Saturday, December 22, 2012

Almost Christmas!!

Hey all,

Hope this finds you well as always!!  Not too much going on, just work and workouts and keeping up with the kiddos!!  It is really nice to have both kids here.  They are doing great!!

Sasha has been wonderful since she's been here!  She loves to run around outside and see people walking by or the neighbors, who give her treats!!  She has grown a little since the last time I saw her.  She is much taller and longer/leaner.  Sugar is also getting used to her and it is so strange to only have one cat now.  We keep Sugar at the back end of the house where my room is.  We put a gate up so Sash won't come back in my room and then when Sash is in her crate, we take the gate down and then Sugar can wander around.  Sug usually likes to perch up top of the cupboards and just watch Sasha.  Kinda cute!!

I had a week off from work last week, so that was nice.  Got a lot done.  Had to have blood drawn, oil change, shopping, baking, wrapping, mailing things, Kalyn's birthday, cleaning house and cleaning for the Courtright's AND still work at the gym a few nights.  Very busy but got it all done!!  I also got my Christmas cards done and mailed off and then distributed lots of cookies to neighbors and friends for the holidays.  Everyone loved them and how soft they were.  My secret is to not bake them so long, so that they cool and become soft. 

Three weeks from now I will be in Florida for the race!! Very excited to be going and it will be sooo jammed pack with activities too.  Lots of racing events to go watch over the weekend. 

We finally have cold and snow!!  Only have had a few inches, total, but its nice to get the moisture.  The temps have just been ridiculously cold.  Not sure why this year is affecting me so much??  I hate being cold and have to bundle in layers!!!  Wonder if it has to do with the hypothyroidism? 

Kalyn is adjusting just fine and really enjoys her job at the fitness center.  She hates the fact we only get paid once a month, so she is actively looking for full-time work, but will also work part-time here.  She's picked up quite a few more hours here due to someone quitting and another high school girl that is playing basketball right now.  Her check should be real good, but has to last a whole month!!  She turned 20, without incident and had a good day on the 11th.  We visited Jesse's grave and I always get so emotional there.  :(

My neighbors, Ruth and George, have been spoiling me this year with fresh veggies and such from their garden.  I gave them a huge batch of cookies and bread and then yesterday, George caught me home on a lunchbreak so he handed me a prime rib for our Christmas dinner!!  I was so stunned!!  Tyler doesn't eat meat, but Kalyn had requested steak this year, so looks like it will be the closest to tsteak that I can get!!  That was very thoughtful of them!!  I plan to make mashed potatoes, corn goo, rolls, cranberry and au jus for the prime rib.  I have never cooked one, but Mike offered to help me with that. 

Tyler has paid off one bill, almost has his car paid off and then just has to finish paying another small bill and his student loans.  He should be good once he gets his car paid off as that will help him pay the others off quicker.   

Well, not much else to report...we've been getting lots of Christmas cards in the mail and some gifts here and there.  It's very nice that people think of us!!  I have aquired two bottles of wine from customers at the gym, secret santa gifts and then food goodies, from people.  Kinda nice!

Have a safe holiday and Happy New Year and I will write more after the holidays!! Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment