Saturday, December 1, 2012

December!!

Hey all,

Hope this finds you well out there!!  I've been doing good and of course been busy for sure!!

Kalyn is moving home!!  Been busy getting her room ready (she will have Ty's old room).  Had to move all my stuff, sell the futon, Ty had to move HIS stuff out of that room.  We used it as a guest/music/gift wrapping/project room, so we had a lot of stuff to figure out and move.  lol  Kalyn and Sasha will be here Monday evening!  Sooo excited to have her back and to have both kids here with me.  Ty plans to move at the end of August next year, so this will be temporary having the kiddos back!  I bought Ty's twin bed that he had in his storage shed (it was Uncle Jesse's) for Kalyn, got K a 32 inch flat screen tv, Kalyn bought a bean bag (upright) chair for her room (had it shipped to the house) and then she also mailed me her Petsmart card and I bought a crate for Sasha, so that is all ready for her!  (K had returned the previous crate to Petsmart due to the fact that it wouldn't fit in her car when she left Minneapolis, so they gave her a refund via the gift card!).  We are ready for her!  She has an interview at the gym I work at on Tuesday am and then she will go around and apply at the Credit Union's and the hospital.  She needs steady work, hopefully with benefits. 

In preparation for Kalyn and due to landlord restrictions since I rent now, we had to let two of our cats go to new homes.  :(  Gizmo was placed at the Animal Shelter here in town...she's 12 and I think had some health problems so they were gonna check that out.  Ginger went to a lady down off the hill (actually the same lady that bought the futon from me). She has a ranch with lots of animals. Ging is 14, so not sure how much longer she will last.  So, that leaves Sugar still at the house....I had planned to just take Sugar to the Animal Shelter (she is 7), but decided (per Ty's coaxing) that we keep her and see how she does with Sasha around.  I reduced the litter boxes down to one that's in my bathtub and put her food/food dishes in my room too.  So, that way Sasha won't mess around with the litterbox in the kitchen.  I bought a gate to put in front of my bedroom doorway so Sash won't go back there.  We will try it and see if it works.  :)  My landlord thought we only had 2 cats as it was...so now we have just the one cat and then the dog.  We are only allowed 2 pets. 

Got my plane tickets to Florida!! Caught a decent sale, so that was good!  I leave Jan 9th and fly back into Abq at noon on Tuesday the 15th of Jan.  Should be a good time.  I've still been running everyday, some days are better than others, but I keep at it.  I keep telling myself I gotta do this well since I'm doing it!!  :)

Jobs are good!  Bank is doing really well and actually there are a couple of banks for sale in town, so we are hoping to get more customers off those banks.  If a large bank purchases one, a lot of people do not like dealing with big corporate banks so they relocate to smaller, community banks, like us.  Kinda nice!! We shall see what happens!

Almost done with Christmas shopping and baking will begin the week of the 10th, when I'm off work at the bank.  I plan to mail out the boxes that week also!  I'm also getting the oil changed in the car and other odds and ends while I'm off too.  May as well get it all completed! I will still work at the gym during that week, but thats fine, I'm just hanging around town, so no biggee. 

Not much else to report...just enjoying this mild weather we are having, but hoping for rain or snow soon.  We will have a very dry Spring if we don't and that means bad fires could start again.  ugh...let's pray that doesn't happen!!  Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. hey Toots! Good to hear that things are good...that both kids will be there with you for awhile...and that you are on top of things (as always)! Looking forward to receiving my box filled with your Christmas baking. ~grin~
    Love You!
    Aunt Jacque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sad that you had to get rid of your cats :(

    ReplyDelete