Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hike today

Hey all,

Today, Reuben and I, went to one of the various hiking trails around town and tried out my new hiking boots that he got for me for my birthday. They were pretty expensive, but when you are out hiking and backpacking you have to have comfortable foot gear. He also got me socks and then a rain pants and jacket set for hiking too. I still need to get some hiking shorts and a couple of shirts (that are not cotton, he says) for hiking/backpacking trips. I will get those with any birthday money I get. We had a nice two hour hike and man...I was/am beat!! We are still gonna go hit the gym and do some weight lifting anyways. Don't need the cardio workout today!!

Kalyn was gone most of the weekend to ABQ for the Mayhem concert. There are like 12 bands or so that play all day. She stood about 10 ft from Rob Zombie and then got to meet some of the members of the band, Korn. She also had them sign their CD for her. She bought a t-shirt as well.

Tyler was in town again, so him and his friend Matt came over and ate dinner last night with me and Reuben. They were hungry, he said, and had no food to eat at Emily's, so Ty called me up and asked what I was makin' for dinner!! What a funny guy!! I told him, anytime he is hungry...give me a call!!

We are just kinda chillin' right now...I've got steak fajitas cookin' up for dinner in the crockpot and doing laundry!!

Next Sunday, we are driving up to Durango to meet Barb and Steph for the Kalyn drop-off. She will be gone almost 3 weeks. That will be a nice time for Kalyn to spend with her father. Reuben and I will meet Julie for lunch and then drive back. Takes up most of the day driving up and back, but it's enjoyable.

Have a good week!! Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nice update. Just got done watching army wives and crying my eyes out!! Glad Tyler comes to see you and get some good food. Hope k had fun at the concert. Sounds like you had a good hike.

    ReplyDelete