Friday, August 13, 2010

First day off!!

Hey all,

Here is my very first fleece blanket that I actually made today!! I'm trying to decide to give it to a friend that had a boy back on St. Patrick's Day...OR give it to a complete stranger next weekend for whom I had been invited to the baby shower, but can't go due to working at the gym. It's actually the gym owners brother that has a girlfriend that is pregnant and that's who the shower is for....what to do ....what to do... I hardly ever see the other friend, but thought it would be a nice gesture to give them something for the baby. I wanted to do a St. Patrick's Day one, but haven't found fleece this time of year. Maybe I could wait until his first birthday?? lol

My first day off is going well. I started, last night, cleaning the house, making the cookie dough and things like that. I'm glad I did cuz this morning I did have to go into the bank and open, etc for Lesley. I told her that was the least I could do since it's just her and our new teller, Carl, there all alone, while I am off. So, then I stopped at the gym and said hello to Reuben, cuz I knew he was working out, ran into Smith's for some stuff, dropped off mail at the mailbox, came home, baked cookies, baked brownies, looked at a couple of necklaces I need to fix for Mrs. Courtright, did laundry and some other odds and ends. Then finished with all that and went and visited with my friend, Keith, then stopped at the Post Office for the bank and dropped off the mail to them and some cookies, worked out, ran into Smith's again (!!), came home, threw food in the crockpot and now just made that blanket...whew!! I still need to go out to the shed and see what I can conjure up to sell in the yard sale over at Tj and Diana's tomorrow. Maybe some older beanie babies!!

Tonight, Reuben and I are taking his youngest daughter, Cosette, bowling. She leaves for California on Labor Day weekend, so he wants to spend some time with her. I decided to join them for a little bowling.

Sunday, we get to drive and see Four Corners and then up to Cortez to meet with Barb and pick up Kalyn!! She's been gone 3 weeks. They had a lot of fun going to Six Flags in Dallas and she got another tattoo!! It's on her foot this time. We will then drive down to Durango and meet with Aunt Julie, see her place and eat lunch. Reuben wants to stop in Pagosa and go to a bow/hunting shop. He's looking for a bow.

On the home front...my living room tv is going kaput!! Soooo....looks like I will have to get another one. It's not like I'm short on tv's or anything around here, but it's nice to have a larger one in the living room!! I had my couch shampooed the other day (professionally), so it looks and smells cleaner!! Tj and Diana will be picking up their dry sink next week, so I will move that curio cabinet where the dry sink was and then put my treadmill in the living room in that corner. Barb will eventually take the curio cabinet and I will need to get a new one. They aren't too expensive, but nothing like how they used to be made!!

Well, I better get in the shed....take care.....until next time....



2 comments:

  1. Well you were a busy girl!! I love getting lots of odds and ends done like that. The blanket looks great! Aren't they fun and easy to make? And other people that don't make them think they are sooo beautiful too and appreciate them.
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Toots...don't forget to spend time relaxing! It is a vacation, after all! You wear me out just reading all that you do in a day. Love you!

    ReplyDelete