Saturday, August 21, 2010

Another weekend upon us...

Hey all,

Well, I got Kalyn home safe and sound from her travels to Moab, Kansas, Dallas, Oklahoma City and back. She had a fun time, overall. I got her home and sure enough, the spending began!! Had to buy her school supplies, shoes, pay for her school fees, food, personal items (hairspray, etc)...it is neverending. Shane was able to give her $30 towards her new exercise shoes, which I appreciate so much! We had to order some "unmentionables" online and then I think that was all I could afford for the moment!! I had ordered her jeans before she left for her trip, so she is good there for a bit. Kalyn came back home with a really good attitude and was ready to get herself set for her Senior year, this year. I'm happy she is all gung-ho. I hope she realizes this is it...she has to get her stuff taken care of or no graduation! Her classes are all real easy, so she should be able to get her online stuff done also.

Tyler had a good birthday. He got a lot of money and I hope he is out buying clothes with it all. Him and Emily moved into a new place just right up the street from where they were AND they have a roommate. He said the electricity is NOT included with rent like his past place, so I'm hoping he doesn't freeze this winter!!! lol

I'm keeping super busy right now with all my jobs. Mrs Courtright just called me today to have me come over on Wednesday again. She was walking her son's dog while they are out of town moving their kids to their respective colleges, and the dog saw an animal and jerked her and down she went and broke her arm!! I feel so bad and she has a houseful of company for a family wedding today. Ugh...so I'm going there Wed after work. Tomorrow I do Tj and Di's house on Barranca and maybe Monday evening too if I don't finish tomorrow and then work at the gym Tues and Thurs nights. Busy!! But the money will be nice.

Next weekend, Reuben and I got invited to a friend's lake house for Saturday and Sunday. Should be a great time!! It's about 2 1/2 hours south of here. No kids invited though..its adult weekend, they said. LOL There are other couples going as well. Reuben is off backpacking this weekend with his daughter and her fiance. He won't be back until Monday afternoon. He always looks forward to getting out in the wilderness so I'm happy he is doing this. He wanted me to go also, but I just couldn't take Monday off from work and I have all these other obligations going on right now. Oh well...there is always next time.

Went to Angie's today and cleaned for her. She just got back from being in South Dakota for 3 weeks so she had her wood floors all redone while she was away. It looks really really nice. 4 guys from her church showed up to move the furniture back in for her. I could only get the kitchen, 2 baths and the living room done today. We got a lot of dust and walls cleaned before the guys showed up, so that helped. I brought over my last Magic Eraser cuz I knew she had a ton of scuff marks along her walls and I'm sure glad I brought it over. The walls look amazing now. She really needs to paint some areas and I told her she should do that now while the house is still pretty empty. She likes to keep alot of things she really doesn't need so I'm trying to encourage her to go through things and rid of them!! Her divorce still isn't final quite yet, but getting closer!! They were married over 20 years!

The bank has lost several key players in the last weeks, so they talked to my boss, Lesley and may start having her do some more stuff. She asked me if I might be interested in doing some more things and I told her sure. I won't do anything else unless there is a raise involved!! lol

Well, that's all I have for now. I'm working at the gym and doing the deposit, so I better keep moving on that. Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Toots! I wish you could come visit me...and help me declutter AND clean! I need some serious help. {grin}

    You sound busy, as always...don't know where you get the energy!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news update. Don't work yourself onto a frazzle there. I am not sure I would want to be as busy as you but I like staying busy too love. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant into not onto. Lol

    ReplyDelete