Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thanks!!

Hey all,

Well, my post yesterday got some big responses, so I wanted to say "thank you" to those of you who commented. It really means alot to me. I appreciate the hugs too!!! lol I'm basically fine, you know you just get down sometimes and that's just life. Church helped this morning. (that darn pastor always knows what to talk about!!) We have been discussing "joy" in our lives and today it was about if you are a "shallow" pool swimmer or a "deep" end swimmer. He asked what type of friends we have. People that bring us down or people that stand behind us no matter what. He also mentioned that one needs to "swim the other direction" when you are friends with people that try to steer you in the "wrong" direction. So, one can apply this to almost any situation. I mostly had tears throughout the sermon. It was quite spiritual today and was nice.

After the service, the church was taking donations for 14 baskets of kindness to give to families for a Thanksgiving meal. Reuben and I bought a turkey to donate!! Then, as I'm home cleaning, I had a thought...we have this 19 year old girl that works at the gym, that is pregnant (due in a few weeks) and was just put on bedrest as of Friday night. I thought...hmmm...wouldn't that be nice if we put a box out at the gym (cuz everyone knows her) and kind of have a "donation to the baby" box for her!! I texted my boss Carrie and she said that was a WONDERFUL idea and she will start working on it tomorrow at the gym. I plan to get diapers and wipes at first and then see what the other members of the gym and co-workers can bring. I'm very excited about this and it is putting me back to my "joyful" self!!! I even texted another coworker, Sharon, and she was all excited to help as well. So, look what I've started and it sure makes you feel good!!! Until next time!!.....

2 comments:

  1. Hey Toots! Praise God! He was truly working within you today. Love you, Aunt Jacque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are a little rough right now but you will make it through just fine. Take some time for yourself and keep up the workouts, they will help!!
    Love you,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete