Saturday, November 13, 2010

Just life right now....

Hey all,

Well, October was quite the busy month!! Went on my trip, taking care of Kalyn's things for her graduation and working all my jobs. November hasn't been quite as exciting, but still busy. I've been in kind of a "slump", if you will. Part of it has to do with my job and another has to do with not being able to workout as much as I would like to. Most days I just don't even wanna do any working out. I've decided today that it has to do with my bank job. I was really disappointed in the raise I got for this new position. Of course, it didn't help that my boss was bragging to everyone that she got such a large raise that her husband can now quit his job if he wants to. Ok....so I thought...well if SHE is getting that than I should be getting a good raise as well. She told me the amount of the raise and I about died.....not anywhere even CLOSE to what I was thinking. I wanted to be able to quit my gym job or maybe even just the cleaning jobs and cut back at the gym...well that didn't pan out, so I'm a little sad about it. This past week I decided to just "hang in there" and do the best job I can. She assured me that after 90 days, we would chat and see how it's going. It's alot of report work, managing the tellers and just have more responsibility on my shoulders. I'm basically getting $100 more a paycheck which comes to $2400 a year and that is after taxes. I feel it should be double that, at the very least. ugh..... :( So, I did accept this position and I told her flat out that I was not happy with the amount at all and I still have to work my other jobs. I've been pretty grumpy at work too. It's just really hard to be happy when I'm not. you know?? But, I am trying my hardest...just so you know...I also put some new songs on my ipod to get me more motivated and that is helping me.... soooo.... I should be back to normal soon, i think, I hope, i pray!!

We are still going to church every Sunday. It's really nice there and a small crowd of folks too. Reuben seems to like it alot too and even bought himself a new, hand stitched, calf-skin Bible as an early Xmas gift to himself. It is beautiful!!!

Kalyn is still getting straight A's and doing so well in school. She is having issues with her gallbladder so next week we will be looking into "natural" meds that may help dissolve these stones she has. Reuben works with a naturepath (??) person that can give her herbs and healthy stuff in a drop form to get rid of them. We figure it won't hurt to try this (and she has to watch very closely what she eats) first and then if it doesn't help, we can always consult the surgeon about surgery.

Tyler is doing well. He is having car issues (brakes) so he is asking for his Xmas money early to take care of that. That little car of his is something else. Gets great gas mileage and has lasted him a couple of years already. It's a 1987 Honda Civic.

So, that is my saga for today...I guess sometimes life throws things at you and you have to learn to sink or swim. My whole life I have gotten through a lot of different issues and have survived, so I'm sure I will be fine. Just one of those times, I guess. Maybe I just need an extra hug?? lol Until next time....

4 comments:

  1. so here's a hug and advise to trudge thru this rocky time and see if in 90 days, they can make a better offer...trust me, I KNOW how these circumstances can bring you down, but you are a basically positive person and as you said, you have survived tough times...we are behind you, dear girl! prayers for strength to get you thru the days...glad to hear you are enjoying your new church...that could help, too...love ya' es

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a hug OOOOO or two!! At your 90 day review you should mention what you have achieved and then get more $$$$. I always think "at least I have a job".
    Auntie Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you have been down, you should call me so we can talk, we haven't talked for a bit.
    It's hard to bring yourself back up at times but I know you are a trooper and going to church and leaving things in God's hands does truly work.
    Be specific in your prayers and they will be answered. Love, mom
    HUGS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tootsie Girl! Remember that life is not always what we think it should be...but it is what God has planned. Hugs to my sweet goddaughter. LOVE, Aunt Jacque.

    ReplyDelete