Saturday, November 3, 2012

November is upon us....

Hey out there,

Can't believe how fast this year has gone!  It simply amazes me how time flashes by us.  Try to enjoy a few minutes a day, just reveling in the spot your in, the moment, if you will.  I try to reflect, just for a moment, and mark that spot in time.  It's amazing what it will do for you!  :)

Talked to Gram for a few last night while I was at work.  It was her birthday and I had sent her a card, but I figured a phone call would be nice too.  She sounded really good and we had a nice chat!!

I did the Ruby K, 5k, last weekend in the bitter cold!  I ran it in 32 minutes, so I was very happy!  Next up is the Turkey Trot on the 18th and then on January 11th is the big run at Epcot for me!  I'm so excited!!  I'm still looking for good priced tickets!

Kalyn is doing well in Kansas.  She has two jobs.  She works at Payless Shoes and Spencer Gifts.  I'm so glad she is working and making some money!!  woo! 

Tyler participated in the guitar competition, but he said they picked younger kids to win this year, so he was disappointed.  I'm so glad he did that again.  He is very talented!  He's still at the Coffee Booth, working a little more, so that gives him extra money too.  His car will be paid off in February, so he's looking forward to that!

I've just been working, running and house/dog sitting a lot.  Sure keeps me busy.  I try to have fun in between, when I can.  Saw the movie, "Argo", and loved it!!  Tomorrow I'm going on a "wine tour" of Northern New Mexico with Mike.  Should be a fun time!  We will end the day at Rancho de Chimayo for dinner!!  Our most fave spot these days!  Yum! I have Monday off from the bank, so I will clean for Mary in the a.m., go to Santa Fe for the afternoon and then be back to work at the gym in the evening.  I have a week and a day left of vacation to use or I lose it, so I'm taking the 2nd week of December off and then two random days off.  Monday will be my first random day off.  Not sure if I will get my other random day as work is too crazy and other people are taking off too, so we shall see. 

So, I've been taking my Levothyroxine now for two weeks.  I'm finding myself with more energy, but if I eat bread in the am, I feel tired.  So I just eat my oatmeal now and no toast with peanut butter.  I'm hoping this is the right dosage for me.  I sure am not feeling as tired as I was!!!  That was crazy!  Never felt like that before!  All my other tests came back fine, so I'm all good to go now, except for the blood check every 6-8 weeks to see how the meds are working.  No biggee though...could be worse! 

Not much else to report...just wanted to say hello and that we are all good here.  If you can believe it, I have NOT started my Christmas cards yet!  I usually have those done in October or earlier!  Just not feeling it and most people don't even do cards anymore.  I'm sure I will, but just waiting I guess.  :)  Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. hey toots! glad to see you're still keeping busy... and doing well with everything that you do. be sure to do something for yourself well on vacation. something fun. love you lots and lots. Auntie Jacque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could come here that week and get me moved! No one else has time off to help me. :(. Glad things are good for you and kids.
    Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete