Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fall!!

Hello out there,

It sure is beginning to feel like fall around here in New Mexico.  Chilly mornings and chilly evening, but beautiful during the day!!  My runs in the morning are great due to the temperature change...love it!!

Surprised Kalyn this week and paid off her Aveda bill that was stressing her out. She had accumulated $545 in debt due to missing school for her emergency gall bladder surgery!! So, got some funds together that I had gotten from a couple of sources that I was not expecting and from the gramma's and we got it taken care of! She said she felt like crying and asked why I "was such a nice Mom".  :)

Tyler told me the other day he feels like "he's in the way" and doesn't like that he has to live with me cuz he doesn't wanna bother me!  I laughed and told him that he is my son and that I'm here for him no matter what and that it was crazy talk saying he's "in the way".  Neither of us are hardly ever home so not sure why he thinks that.  He's planning to leave next Summer.  His car is almost paid off...only a couple more months!!  We are working on paying his bills off and the 1st of 3 will be paid off in December...the 2nd one will be paid Dec. 2013 and then his student loan will take a little while.  We will apply the payments we make now on bill #1, to bill #2 once that is paid off.  I'm trying to help these guys out while I can. 

Got apples from Mrs. Courtright last Sunday (she gave me peaches the week or two before) so I made an apple pie last Sunday and then another one today.  I put the pie in the oven while I went for my 40 minute run, so that worked out perfect!  Then the last 20 minutes of baking it, after taking the crust cover off, was me taking a shower.  It all worked out so well!  lol

I worked 62 hours this month at the gym, so my check should be pretty good!  I make my car payment with my gym check, so I never worry about where the money will come from.  I could afford it anyways, but it's nice to know it is definitely covered!

Today before work, Catrina and I met up over at the Crossroads Church and went shopping at the Quilt sale.  I picked up one Xmas gift for Diana..so it was a trip well worth making!  I'm starting on my shopping now so that I can be done!  I will be doing baking again and so a few of you will be getting goodies with your gift.  I've got my kids stuff already...they usually just want money, so I have that!  I think I told you all that I save my $1 bills throughout the year and use that for my kids' Christmas and Birthday's...it works really well!!!  Last year I had saved $600!  So, back to the quilt sale...they had hanging stuff, quilts, Kleenex cozies (not as nice as Aunties!!), table runners, aprons, potholders, totes, little coin purses, glasses cases...just tons of cool stuff.  Reasonably priced as well! 

Last night, Carrie my boss at the gym, took me and Catrina out for our belated birthday dinner.  She also invited another girl, Katie, that we work with, to come along.  We had a wonderful time eating and chatting.  They all had a glass of wine, but I deferred!!  I had a sip of theirs and that was enough.  It was nice to hang with the girls!  Afterwards, I went to Mike's and we watched tv, with his Mom, and then around 10, we took his dog, Wheeler, out for a short walk.  Came back and watched tv and then BOTH of us fell asleep on the couch til midnight!  lol  I went home and finished sleeping!  lol..pretty non-eventful night, but good.  I will go see him again tonight and then in the morning he is leaving for 3 days to go to Grants, NM for his teams golf tourney.  He is the coach for the High School golf team.  He says he's not looking forward to spending 3 days, with 10 teens!  I'm sure they will have a good time. 

Tomorrow, I plan to go to the Courtright's to clean, etc.  She also wants me to help get her Fall stuff out and then tomorrow night is Dexter!!!!!  Season 7 starts and I think I'm going to Catrina's to watch it.  We all love Dexter at work, so it's a good topic of discussion...and football of course!!  I just mailed all 6 seasons to my Mom so she could start watching it.  I love this show..it's good!! 

Well, that's all I've got!!  I thought this would be short and sweet...but NOPE!  I have my doctor appointment (physical) this Thursday morning and then I house sit for Tyler's boss Thursday thru Sunday next week.  They have 3 little dogs I will be watching and they want me to stay over there too.  The following week I will be watching Kev's dogs/cats while he goes to Mississippi to see the grandparents. Another important update is that I DID purchase my event pass for the 5k at Epcot in Florida on January 11, 2013!!  I just need to find a good deal on a plane ticket and I will be set!!  I got the time off work, etc, so it's all good!! Very excited to run that race!!  This will be my Christmas gift to myself.  Until next time.....

2 comments:

  1. That was a nice long newsy update. Sure hope you find a cheap ticket to Florida. Will you be staying with di and tj?
    Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I will be staying with them. Already confirmed it! :)

    ReplyDelete