Monday, January 19, 2009

Martin Luther King Jr. Day!!

Hey all!! A good day off was had by all!! Started off the day by driving down to Lowe's to purchase some new blinds for the house and a new vacuum!! I got a yellow Eureka Maxima and it is bagless!! Love it!! I began putting up the blinds and realized for most of them, I got the wrong size, so I will have to go back Lowe's and return and purchase the correct ones. Oh well.... I made Kalyn and I some goolash for lunch and then I had a house cleaning to do this afternoon. I made some pretty good cash this weekend with all the cleaning jobs I had!! All in all, had a really good weekend. Kinda empty with Mr. S gone though. It's so strange how you get accustomed to someone being here, then they are gone, then they return, then they are gone again. Weird.....



Shane was able to text/call me a lot today. He was feeling a bit "down" today so I had to do some mood boosting techniques and when I last spoke with him, he was feeling much better. He knows he has to do this for the family, so he is trying his hardest. He's just really down about his foot. I told him to not worry so much, time will fly by and all of this will be over with soon.



Tyler's been gone most of the day and Kalyn has been home all day. We are about to color Kalyn's hair so she looks oh so gorgeous!!!

Until next time....

6 comments:

  1. Glad you and Kaylyn had a good day. I had my last of 11 days of vacation today...back to work tomorrow. ugh. Keep well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has Shane heard, yet, what they are going to do about his foot?
    Joe had his P.E.T. scan today in Grand Junction. We will find out next Tuesday how everything is progressing with this treatment he is on now.
    Will let you know.
    Tell Tyler and Kalyn Hi for me.
    Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Barb...no surgery for the foot needed. have not heard from him though!! He doesn't have his phone at the moment. he was very happy to put his regular combat boots back on!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are keeping busy as always!
    Can't wait to see the new blinds!!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you guys have had a good time with Shane and then planning graduation parties. I will see what I am doing that weekend!! Hope Shane's foot just needs to recoup, and no surgery. I bet that would be very painful!!
    Don't forget to go on my blog too!! www://dexmangoldens.blogspot.com
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Auntie!!

    I always check out your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete