Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pretty good week

Hey all,

Well the time is just flying by with Kalyn gone. I'm working and such and barely have time to be home to enjoy the quiet!! She should be back Tuesday or Wednesday and Barb will stay here overnight with her 3 little dogs. Should be fun. Barb will also pick up some of Shane's stuff he left behind at Diana's and also a couple of house decorating items here at my house.

My house was egged Tuesday night so I was pretty upset. Stayed up late cleaning up the mess outside. It was BAD!! K's bedroom window was just COVERED in egg and way up top of the house got it too. Ugh....I got through it. I finished cleaning up the grill cover today cuz that got hit pretty hard too. Plus, that egg smell STINKS!!! ick...

Today I changed out some screens for my windows. That was pretty fun and easy!! Tj gave me the screen and I bought the tool you use and some more cord, but didn't need the cord. I just recycled and used the cord already on the screen. I gotta work this afternoon so thought I would get some of this other stuff done around the house. The only thing left to do is mow the yard and paint the very very top of the outside trim on the front of the house. It never got painted when we painted a couple of years ago, so I will do that also tomorrow. All that should take less than an hour. Supposed to be really hot this weekend so that will be nice. I can go take my run in the sun!!!

Speaking of run, my new shoes are wonderful!! I should really be getting them a lot more often than I do. I can REALLY tell a difference in the running and the distance with the new shoes. Very nice. I like the Brooks brand. Very comfy and fitting for my foot.

Went out to eat with Tj and Diana before the Memorial weekend and now last night we went down to El Paragua in Espanola. They leave Tuesday for about a month long trip. They are driving up the Pacific coast highway from California all the way up to Vancouver. They will stay in Colorado with Jennie, Ryan and Katy for the 4th and then they will be back in LA until Aug/Sept. It's nice to have them back in town. They put their house up for sale and we shall see what happens. Kev and I are in charge of putting the dogs up when the realtor needs to show the house. I also have to go over there about every other day to make sure all is neat and clean for showings. Diana had the window people come and then they are coming back to clean the house (like take cobwebs down, take apart their big light fixtures and get all the bugs out, etc) so it should look really nice and then I can keep up with it after that for sure!!

Reuben helped me last weekend with things around the house. We got the swamp cooler going, the water all hooked up for the outside faucets, etc. He was a big help. I think I see a painter in my future for tomorrow while I mow!!! Until next time.... :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so busy all the time. You wouldn't think you would have that much to do on your house! I need to have my lawn mowed this weekend too. Make sure to take some time for just YOU before Kalyn gets home. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...well after this weekend, I should be done with things on the house. I even cleaned up the shed again and moved things around now that Shane's stuff is out too. I just like to have things in order so I know where they are and what the status of everything is. I was very happy that I had no water leaks or anything this year when I turned things on. :)

    ReplyDelete