Thursday, October 7, 2010

St Thomas bound...


Hey all,

Haven't written much here lately...too darn busy!! ha-ha

Been on vacation this week and next week also from the bank. Had to work a couple of evenings at the gym, but now, tomorrow, I'm heading off to the island of St. Thomas!!! I have Kalyn all set as far as phone numbers to call if she has an issue and food in the cupboards and fridge! Hopefully she remembers to feed the cats....

I hope to have a ton of pics to post when I get back. It's supposed to rain while we are there, but the temps will be in the 80's!

Worked a lot on the house this week, getting it ready for winter. I had my friend Joe stop over. He checked the furnace, the water pipes and the water heater. The water heater needs a new thermo coupling so he's gonna purchase it and install it next week when I'm back home. He also suggested I take the water heater out and put a metal plate under it cuz right now it's just that board under it. He said when they get wet, the water heater falls right to the ground!! I hope that doesn't happen as long as I live here. I may ask how much a project like that would cost me. Got the roof patched, the Jeep fixed and purchased a used/rebuilt computer from a friend and also a new router for the computer. ugh....all these purchases make me crazy!! But, it all had to be done. When it rains, it pours. Hopefully that is the end of that for awhile.

Kalyn got her Senior pics done and they turned out wonderful. I will have to work on those when I'm back also. Kalyn wants to be a part of picking out who gets what pictures and the sizes, etc. I will need to order her announcements and gown here soon also. Then, the Yearbook!! She's doing so well this year!! She's also working really hard on her online stuff too. She has to get those done in order to graduate. I told her to get 3 of them done by Xmas and then she will only have 1 to do before the middle of May. So far, she has one almost done, another half done and then one to begin. I'm so proud of her!!

I got a promotion at the bank and after a week of deliberating, I took the position although I did not approve of the amount of money they offered me. It's a 10% pay increase, which I think is not very much at all for the duties I now have. I am a Banking Operations Supervisor!! I am in charge of the tellers now and will be doing some of Lesley's duties also. I get to have my own office, if I like also. Lesley is now a Vice President and is over-seeing all 5 bank offices. We have Catrina back as a teller and then we hired Carl back in May, so we are fully staffed with us 4 peeps there.

We are doing Flintstones as our theme at the bank for Halloween!! They haven't told me what is left to choose from yet!! lol Should be fun!!

Must go now and maybe do some packing!!! Until next time......

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just LOVE that pic of Kalyn!!! She looks so grown up!!!!!!
    I was hoping you had time to write before you left. I hope you have the best time and tell Reuben I am counting on him to watch over my Jody!!! Love you sweetie!!! I will check in on K also! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete