Saturday, May 14, 2011

Weekend

Hey all,

Well, my dear Reuben is gone this weekend until Tuesday up in Washington state, visiting his 91 year old mother, whom he hasn't seen in 15 years!! His family had a falling out a bunch of years back and he just didn't connect back up with anyone until a couple of years ago. A client of his, gave him a free round-trip ticket (stand-by) to go see her!! I hear they are having a wonderful time catching up and today they are out sight-seeing and he said it is just gorgeous there!! She lives in Edmond, WA.

Sooo... while Reuben is away, I am cleaning and working!! I am doing some deep cleaning and organizing around the house to make sure all is well before company comes for Kalyn's graduation! My house, on the surface, is clean, but with 4 pets, there is a lot of pet hair in corners and such so I am working on that and dusting ceiling fans, window ledges, etc...all the detailed cleaning one hates to do....well anyone but me, that is. :)

I also plan to bake cookies for K's party and put those in the freezer so that they are ready for the party in two weeks. The weather is great so I watered and mowed the lawn last night. I think I have a couple of cupboards that need organizing so I will whip those up in the am before church. I'm working at the gym right now. I am soooo glad I am not cleaning for Angie anymore...makes my Saturday mornings so much better!!

Tyler is still job hunting. He is applying for pretty much anything he can get his hands on, at this point. Hopefully something comes along soon!!

Kalyn has one week of school left!! Woohoo!! She turned in all her books yesterday and then she just has a few finals to take and she'll be finished. The Seniors get the last week off from school so that they can do the picnic, hand out their gowns, have rehearsal, stuff like that. My Mom comes to town on the 24th so that will be nice to finally have her here too!! Kalyn has her consultation appointment on the 24th for her to have her wisdom teeth removed here within the next couple of weeks. We want to get it done before she is gone and before she no longer has insurance....her Dad may be getting discharged from the Army so we are trying to get this done quickly. Shane has real bad depression and PTSD from being over in Afghanistan. He was supposed to go back after Jesse's funeral, but he had really bad symptoms and didn't go back. He went to the VA hospital in Grand Junction, CO for treatment and then they recently sent him back to Kansas to his doctor there. That's about all I know....

Monday night there is our Bloom event again at the church. Its a ladies event that they have about every 3-4 months. I'm taking two friends with me, so that should be fun. Last time they had a shoe fashion show...this time it is kids modeling clothes that this lady makes. I made and donated one of my bracelets as a raffle prize. Reuben donated a massage coupon. They always have great things that they raffle off! They serve you dinner and it is sooo much fun. It only costs $10!!

Well, that is all for now...keep in touch and love you all! Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Busy girl! Congrats to Kalyn and her upcoming graduation! How nice that Reuben is reconnecting with his mother. Have a great time at your Bloom event. Love you.

    ReplyDelete