Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Weekend


Hey all,

So, Friday, me and Mom hung out here at the house for quite awhile, then headed up town to Smith's to pick up Kalyn's grad cake and some lettuce. We came back to the house and waited awhile before we left again and went to visit my friend, Keith. He always likes to see Mom and see how she is doing. He gave us $11 to spend, cuz he knew we were going to Gabriel's to dinner, so he told us to each have a margarita on him!! So, it was a very relaxing day around here on Friday. Did some watering of the lawn and took care of Sasha cuz Kalyn was gone spending time with her Dad and then went and had her nails done down in Espanola with Gram Diana! I think Kalyn was also showing off her new car!! :)

Friday evening we all headed down to Gabriel's!! Our group of 10 was, Kevin, Kalyn, Dani (K's friend), Tyler, Gramp Tj, Stephanie, Shane, Diana, Joyce and myself. We had a great time and took pics! The food was wonderful too! Yum!!

Saturday am, we got up bright and early and got ready for the graduation! We were/are so proud of Kalyn for getting all her online stuff done and achieving this wonderful goal. I'm so relieved she finished!! We got to the High School early and got our seats. Me, Mom, Tyler and Reuben all sat together and then Diana, Tj, Shane, Steph and Kev all sat together a little further down from us. We took pics after (all pics are on Facebook) outside and it was so nice, weather-wise!! When Ty graduated, it was a downpour of rain!! Then, we headed back to the house and Carrie and Kent from the gym came over with a tent/canopy, tables and chairs so that people could sit and eat outside too. That really helped out alot!! Shane came over to eat too, so that was nice. Stephanie thanked me for inviting them. I really appreciated everyone coming over and having a good time! We served Frito pies, with homemade chili, homemade cookies, cake, chips and homemade salsa, fruit salad and pasta salad made by Aunt Jill, and punch to drink. We had about 24 people in and out and finally the crowd fizzled right around 3. I got everything put away and cleaned up and then later Reuben and I packed up the tent, tables and chairs and took all those back to the gym. We did good!!! :)

At 6pm, me, mom, Reuben, Jill and Tim all headed down to Buffalo Thunder, aka Buff T, and ate at the Turquoise Trail restaurant and then did a little gambling. I had a $1 bill, so I popped that into the BIG machine by the restaurant and ended up cashing out a $22 ticket!! Then, I had $8 credit on my Buff T card (from gambling previously) and cashed out another $23 ticket!! Then Reuben gave me some cash to spend and ended up cashing out another $5.22 or something like that so I left with a $50 bill!! Not bad!! Jill and Tim ended up ahead too. I think Mom lost $5. We had such a fun time!!

Today we are going to church. Mom is coming with us. We will eat first at the Coffee Booth and then church starts at 10:30. Jill and Tim want to "tour" Los Alamos, so we will do that afterwards and then they plan to leave town, with Mom in tow, around 2pm. We had such a wonderful, relaxing week!! Loved having Mommy here!! Kalyn is sleeping today as they had the Senior Appreciation Night last night. She got home about 3:30 am.

For Memorial Day, the church is having a hike up the ski hill, so in the morning, Reuben and I will be doing that until about noon. I still have this next week off, so I've got a few things going on. Dentist appointment on Wednesday, take Kalyn's car to the shop to get all fixed up with new tires, etc and then I work at the gym at the end of the week! Kalyn's wisdom teeth surgery is June 9th, so I will be taking that day off to drive her and take care of her!

That's all I've got for now...until next time... :)

2 comments:

  1. The entire time here has been just fun and relaxing too. Graduation was very nice and the weather could not have been better. Glad I was here for this great event!!!
    Having fun on my vacation! mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're having a great time with all your festivities...and with your Mom there. Kisses and hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete