Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mid July...

Hey all,

Well, I survived my busy week and made some money and spent some money!! I sold my couch and kitchen table/chairs all on Craigslist in one day! I also went to Santa Fe that same day and picked up my new/used couch from the same place I got my dryer from last Saturday! When I got home with my couch, the old couch was already gone and sold so that worked out well! My new table/chairs from Walmart will be here this week. I needed something smaller for myself, since I will be alone after mid-October. I really am looking forward to being by myself. It's a good time for reflection and having fun without anyone around to stop me!! LOL

So, Kalyn and I pull out from LA on Oct 1st. We plan to be in Minneapolis the evening of the 2nd and then sometime on the 3rd, we will drive over to EC and stay. Not sure how it's all gonna work out yet cuz we will have Sasha to contend with and not sure the Aunt and Uncle in Minneapolis will be up to doggy sitting for a few days while we go to EC. We will see, but I plan to be in EC most of that week. I fly out to Baltimore on Sunday the 9th to see Mom and Jon and then fly back to ABQ on Friday the 14th. So, basically that first week in October, i will be in EC.

There is finally action going on with the house now too!! I called Greentree to check the status and spoke with Brandi our new chick that is handling this. She was so apologetic for the lack of help I've been getting for the past few months and she is on top of things!! We plan to have this done by end of July and I am done with my house payments!! She told me there is no need to make anymore payments!! I was glad cuz I have another story to tell about the house insurance.....

The house insurance is through American Bankers, which is a company through Greentree. I pay Greentree the house payment and the insurance payment all in one. That is part of the reason why I kept paying even though I had put this house in the bankruptcy...I was worried if I didn't pay, I wouldn't have coverage and therefore if a fire broke out...I would lose everything!! So, I kept paying the full amount. Fine with me cuz I didn't wanna screw anyone over, basically (ie: my landlord for the lot, etc) and just felt obligated and also wanted a place to live. Now, with the fire/evacuation we just had, my insurance guy told me I don't have coverage and will not be reimbursed for the hotel/food I spent during that week out of our house. I was irate with him...what a jerk!! So, I was on a mission to cancel that insurance...I called up Allstate (who I have my cars with) and got renter's insurance since I #1-don't own the house anymore and Reuben told me, "who really knows if that company would cover me since the house was written off" or anyone for that matter and #2-could not stand my current coverage or the guy I spoke to!! LOL

I couldn't bind the insurance with Allstate until this past week cuz the fire is still going, but she called me and now I'm all set up with that!! I have $40,000 worth of coverage for my belongings in case of fire and I believe it starts next week. It's only $20 a month also. So, this house and insurance thing all kinda is working out at the same time. Very awesome! I have to sign a years lease with Bruce and I'm sure he will discuss with me all the in's and out's of the place and what I get to keep, etc. I'm gonna be so relieved to not have this expense over my head. He gets to fix anything that goes wrong. :)

This weekend I washed all the window coverings and blinds and also the actual windows and then did the floors. Today after church, I went thru my shed to find stuff for the yard sale we are gonna have and also got rid of a bag of trash and also moved and swept things up so it's better organized. Had to make room for Kalyn's storage tubs that she will be keeping in there too. It looks good. I've got a bed in that shed I'm selling for Barb (she had given me that pine log bed) and also we will sell Kalyn's bed and then put the futon in her room. That futon is roomier for her and then that room will be the guest room when she leaves. Kalyn went thru her closet today too and got rid of 3 garbage bags full of clothes!! She has to have her room mostly done before we move the futon in so I think she's beginning to get going on that now.....Man does that girl have a lot of stuff!! We gave Catrina's mom that bookshelf that was in K's room, on Friday night and then Catrina is getting my shoe rack too. I will have a box of goodies to mail to Mom for the kids' playroom at Gram's house! That may be awhile as K goes thru more and more stuff. Kalyn is giving her desk to her friend up the street and the rest she will leave here for me to store. Reuben is leaving in two weeks so we are trying to do alot of this big moving stuff while he is here. fun, fun!! :)

Well, that's about it for now...just wanted to update ya'all. I will send pics of the new couch and kitchen stuff after the table gets here. Love to all! Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Toots...glad to hear things are moving in the right direction for you! Glad you're keeping busy. As always. {grin} Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are working out great in regard to the house and Greentree.
    Can't wait for pics of the new household items.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete