Sunday, July 3, 2011

HOME!!!

Hey all,

Made it home just fine after being evacuated from town for almost a week. Very scary to have to go through and we did it 11 years ago also...didn't think that would ever happen again in my lifetime!!

The first night, I stayed with my co-worker Kathleen down in Santa Fe. We rode together to work the next day also. Kalyn stayed with our friend Dana (she worked with me at McD's, when she was a teen!) for that first night. Then, while I was working, I called hotels and especially the one right next door to the bank, to make it easier for me to get to work and also so that Kalyn would have access to me during the day. I got a room booked for 6 nights at the Hotel Santa Fe...very nice place and we ended up only staying 5 nights!! Sasha did really well there and I think we all enjoyed ourselves as best we could. Kept a close eye on the news for any indication that we could go back home!!

We got to come home today and only had to stay 5 nights at the Hotel, so that was a nice surprise on my pocketbook. I have put all my things away, did laundry (had to drive to someone else's house to dry the clothes, as my dryer quit working right before the fire!!) and now I am settled for the evening to relax. What a week!!!

While we were in Santa Fe, I took the Jeep to get the tires rotated and I KNEW they were gonna tell me I needed new tires!! Well, of course they did and of course I got 4 new tires. They kept the spare on the back cuz it was the best looking one and boy oh boy can you tell a difference with these tires!! They actually have TREAD!!! So, that was my birthday gift to myself, I suppose. LOL I'm gonna keep the Jeep for awhile and it was long overdue for new tires, so what the heck huh?

Reuben did an amazing job with the house! He had it all clean, the cats actually looked plump, the yard was all trimmed, watered and mowed!! It looked soooo green and amazing when I got home today!! He did a wonderful job!! I told him several times too!! He missed all of us and Sasha really missed him!!

Well, that is all for tonight...just wanted you all to know we are home...I get to deal with the insurance adjuster next week. He told me I have a $600 additional living expenses clause, but only if the house burnt down.....WHAT?? If the house burnt down, I would have a totally different coverage!! What is he thinking!? Of course, they don't wanna give up money, but come on...I've paid my payment every month on time for how long now?? You've got to be kidding me...this guy isn't gonna know what hit him when I'm done with him!! :) Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. Hey Toots! So glad that you're back home. Reuben is a gem, for sure. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your safe & back home!!! Watched it unfold so happy you made it back. Keep your spirits up, could have been worse but there's no place like home.
    Love ya lots!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete