Saturday, July 9, 2011

Replacing things....

Hey all,

I must say...this is the year for replacing things in my home. I got all new computer stuff that I mentioned how cheaply I got it....had Jeep repairs last year and now new tires...now my 2 year old dryer quit (didn't renew the warranty cuz my landlord is in process of buying the house and didn't wanna spend the money if i didn't need to....needless to say...I have now added warranty to the washer but you must wait 60 days before making any claims...lets pray it hangs in there!), new tv at Xmas time, water line breakage at New Year's and then Kalyn's graduation stuff, medical bills, etc....are we done yet?? I'm hoping this is it now....with the evacuation (and finding out my home owners policy doesn't cover any of it!!) I'm almost tapped out here...I am just very thankful I had money saved to do this and have to praise God for that blessing!! I did find an organization here, Self Help, that is helping me with the 10 hours of work I missed from working at the gym and also with the dryer purchase!! I won't find out until Monday what they can do, but at least they CAN do! whew...

Tyler is finally employed! He got two job offers...one for Servicemaster and then another as a waiter/busser at Amavi (downtown SF)...he is gonna take the restaurant one, i believe! Hallelujah for Tyler! I was getting worried there.

Kalyn is getting nervous about her October 1st departure to Minneapolis!! I don't blame her, but this will be a good experience for her! She will do just fine.

I'm working at the gym today and getting back into the swing of life again after the fire. I've got the Courtright's to clean for this week and also Keith needs help with his place too. He is government subsidized so they inspect his place every so often.

I've got my flight booked from Minneapolis to Baltimore to Albuquerque!! Very excited to come see everyone in October!!

Reuben leaves in 3 weeks for Washington. He is getting sad about leaving now and we are sad to have him go. I think it will be a good opportunity to have some breathing room and seek other opportunities for each of us. He's such a great person and I wish him well!! We will still keep in close contact and he wants me to go up and visit him and see that part of the country. Never been up there except for the airport, so that will be fun. Maybe in November over that long weekend, I will go.

So, that's about all for now...very thankful no one lost their homes during this fire!! There are still little fires all over and they are still fighting a big portion of it, so it can get smokey here at times depending on the winds etc. Thanks to everyone for your prayers and thoughts too!! Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful also that you had some money saved. Also thank you Lord for keeping my family safe. How sad about Reuben leaving. :(
    Will he still answer my messages on facebook?
    Kalyn must really have butterflies about leaving her home and her mom.
    But it will be fun too!!! Yay Tyler got a job!!! So happy for him. Tell him to answer my email. :)
    love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year you won't have to replace anything and can save money!!!!!!!!!!!! Anxious to see you in October. Let us know when and maybe both Jacque and I can take some time off so we can fit into your schedule better!! Glad Tyler got a job and Kaylyn, just settle down girl! You will be fine. Happy cleaning and tell Reuben to take care and please give him a big hug from me!!

    ReplyDelete