Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!!!!




Hey all,

Hope you had a wonderful Easter today everyone!! We sure did!! We had a snowy weekend as well, so I've attached a snow photo for your viewing pleasure!!

My day started with me getting up, heading over to the washer to put my load of clothes into the dryer. Well, I begin taking the clothes out and they are SOAKED!! Uh oh....something's wrong with the spin cycle!!! I attempt to try the spin cycle on every cycle the washer has and it makes a groaning sound and does not spin. I even emptied the machine and still groaning and no spinning. SO, I decide...well...the dryer is also on its last leg and they are almost 15 years old AND Lowe's is having a special where you have no payments or interest for 1 year....so I may as well order up a new set!! After a few grumbling texts to Shane about having to buy a new set, I got on the computer and ordered a new Whirlpool washer and dryer. Nothing fancy, but I did get the extra capacity model like I have now. Lowe's called today and they will be delivered tomorrow!!!! I'm so excited!!

I also borrowed the truck to our neighbors who have 2 broken down cars and then today I also gave my co-worker Dave a ride down to Pojoaque to get HIS car. I hope all these good deeds come back to me!!!

Kalyn and I dropped off two loads of laundry at the laundromat, drove over to the grocery store and by the time we came back the washers only had 2 minutes left to go. Talk about good timing. We then took those 2 loads home to dry with the un-broken dryer and then concentrated on our Easter dinner preparations. Kalyn whipped up the deviled eggs and cheese/cracker platter while I whipped up Gram D's famous corn casserole for the very first time. (It turned out delicious!!)

Tj, Diana, Diana's friend Jan (yes, the hot one), Tyler, Kalyn, Kevin and myself all enjoyed a bountiful Easter dinner and we all have a full belly to prove it. Tj brought the ham. Diana brought cokes and a beautiful Easter flower bouquet. Jan brought spinach salad and green salad. I made potato salad, jello with fruit and cool-whip, rolls, beans, the corn goo and then cheesecake for dessert. It was wonderful!! The peeps (haha get it-peeps) all came over shortly after 4 and stayed until about 6:30.

We were able to speak with Shane several times today and they had off post leave this weekend so they were out having fun. They went and saw the "Fast and Furious" movie. Shane is also an official soldier!! He finally graduated basic training on Thursday night. He's so proud!! He has 5 weeks to go now to complete his AIT training. Tj and Diana are trying to figure out how to go see him graduate on May 22 and be back for Tyler's graduation the next day!!

So, all in all, we had a wonderful day and hope yours out there went well also!! Until next time.....

3 comments:

  1. The AIT graduation is not a big deal at all so you might want to tell Diana and TJ they won't have to drive there to see it. Jon had his little ceremony on this past Wednesday.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Shane!! 5 weeks left!
    Only 5 weeks til Tyler graduates, some of the family visit. Is there something special we need to wear for the graduation, and what time is it at?? I know you are wearing a dress. Skirt, dress slacks, ...... Love, Auntie Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS to Shane! I am very proud of him. And I will feel the same on the 22nd of May.
    I love you my son,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete