Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry (day after) Christmas!!


Hey all,

Hopefully you had a wonderful Christmas out there!! Tyler and I opened gifts around 10:30am. I had the corn casserole almost all cooked by then and then shortly after, I put the ham in the oven. Tyler doesn't eat ham, so he ate the corn casserole, cranberries and rolls. He also made himself a quesadilla and then had seconds of the corn stuff. He's vegetarian these days and has been for about 3 years. We ate about 1. After we ate, I decided to go ahead and put all the Christmas stuff away. We couldn't enjoy the lights I had put up cuz the breaker would keep flicking off, if we had the tv on, so we stopped plugging in the tree and lights. While I did all that stuff in the living room (dusting and moving things around and vacuuming), Tyler cleaned his room, did laundry AND cleaned up the spare room (his old room). So, here we are...on Christmas...cleaning away together! I thought it was funny and cute! We had an awesome day! In the evening, I watched football and Tyler left and went and spent the evening with his girlfriend, Sydney. She came back from ABQ last night so he wanted to go see her.

Today, I got up a little early and had to make a couple of phone calls and then got ready to go workout. I went uptown and stopped at Smith's for a few groceries and then headed over to the gym to workout. It was really busy, so I did my run and then left. Went home and got in the shower and got ready to drive to Santa Fe. Tyler got home about 12:30 and then he got ready and went along with me!! He had gotten a sweatshirt for Christmas and wanted to exchange it and I had a few items to purchase! We made it a real quick trip and then stopped at Taco Bell and got food for the drive home. It was REALLY nice that he went along. We got some good time together this weekend and chatted. :)

Here is my list of Christmas items I received this year!!

Body lotion and hair gel, Peanuts Thanksgiving movie, couple of Packer items (toothbrush and sticker and title towel), Skullcandy headphones for working out, $350 cash, nut assortment, Eton/American Red Cross radio, Farberware kitchen knife set, stuffed puppy and sterling silver necklace (Kalyn and Sasha), wax burning pot, movie gift cards (totaling $60), Olive garden gc ($50), stuffed Christmas moose, sweatshirt, scarf, kitchen towels, Christmas towel and tweezers, calendar, mug with goodies inside and 2-$25 giftcards with which I purchased a new digital camera!! Got a lot of nice items and I'm very thankful!!

I also am attaching a new pic of the Rav that I took today. I had sent it to Gram so she could see my new car!

That's all I've got!! My fantasy team is in the running for 3rd place and I think I may have gotten it. So I did pretty well for my first year of Fantasy Football, I think. There were 10 of us playing so coming in 3rd, isn't bad!! Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Wow,you made a haul! I got hardly anything but as Alyssa says "it is the giving, not receiving, gramma that is important". I think she is referring to me giving to her!!! LOL
    Sounds like you and Tyler had a nice Christmas together and got to spend some quality time doing all that cleaning and shopping!
    Love you - mom

    ReplyDelete