Sunday, April 25, 2010

Days off.....

Hey all,

Just an update to say hello and that my days off are going wonderfully!!! Friday I spent the a.m. vacuuming out the Jeep, then went to Kevin's and cleaned for 2 hours. (I've been trying to dust all the book shelves, etc and finally finished that project) I drove home and began cleaning at my house!! Got some walls washed, picked up cat hair along the walls on the floor, mopping, cleaning up K's room, bathrooms, etc. Got a lot accomplished on Friday. I stopped at lunchtime and picked up some tacos for K's lunch and picked her up from school. She drove back to school, so I was stuck at the house and decided it would be a great time to just clean. I did watch "Precious" in the afternoon, which was an ok movie.

Saturday, Reuben and I had to go to Santa Fe quite early. He had a 2 hr class to take for the duathalon that is going on today down in White Rock. (He is volunteering as a helper/masseuse for the racers. I was going to help too, but got asked to work/swap shifts with people at the gym. I'm working 10-6 today at the gym, which is the entire day that the gym is open!! LOL We usually have two people split it up, but both of them needed to swap and so I just offered to work the whole day if someone took my shift on Saturday. So, in the end, I get two extra hours which is always a good thing.) We went to IHOP, first thing, to eat, then went to Target as he had a giftcard and I wanted to get a few t-shirts and a pair of shorts. I ended up getting a new swim top (one I almost bought last time, but it was too expensive. This time it was 1/2 price!!), zip-up sweatshirt, bermuda shorts and some t-shirts, all for very little money. We then left there and had time to stop at Kohl's. EVERYTHING was 1/2 price!! Oh man...wish I had extra money yesterday!! LOL I did get 3 tshirts that were $5 each and another pair of shorts. I had a $10 off card from them, so only spent $20!!

I drove Reuben over to the massage school and then left him there. I then drove over to Walmart, looking for K's hair spray. She uses Fructis and they keep changing the style/formula so it's really difficult to find now and eventually we will have to switch to a different kind, but for now, this was my mission....to find the hairspray!! No luck at Walmart, all they had was the new stuff. Ok...next...

Drove up to Smith's.....no hairspray, but bought a magazine....Drove to Payless Shoes...nope no hairspray AND no shoes I liked....Drove to Kmart (thought of my Aunt Jacque)...nope, no hairspray. Drove to Walgreen's (thought of Aunt Julie)....YES, hairspray!! AND they had 2!! Bought both of those up and still had time to drive across the street to Bed Bath and Beyond!! Finally time to go get Reuben and head back to LA. He had a client coming in at 1pm and I had a facial scheduled at 2. Picked up some Taco Bell for K and headed back!!

The rest of the day was really nice. Had the facial, went to the gym and ran on the treadmill, then we came home and cooked ribs on the grill. Learned a new trick!! With the pork ribs, if you boil them slightly (like brats) the inside gets cooked and then you throw them on the grill!! You get rid of excess fat on the ribs this way. They turned out very moist and yummy!!! Saves grilling time too!!

Well, enough of my rambling....as you can see I am stalling to get ready to go to work!! LOL Looks like a gorgeous day today!! You all have a nice one! Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear (read) that you're keeping busy. Still want to know who Reuben is. K-Mart...about a bazillion years ago...or as long ago as you are old! {grin} Love you, Auntie Jacque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - Love Jacque's comment about Kmart being a bazillion years ago - she worked there when you were born!!! LOL
    Sounds like some really good shopping you got done there! AND you found K's hairspray!! Isn't it always at the last place you look? LOL
    Thanks for the update!!! Glad you are keeping busy! Still need you to come and help me pack up stuff!!! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete