Monday, March 16, 2009

Appreciation Monday


Hey all!!

Well, I still wasn't feeling well this morning, but I got ready for work, etc anyway and lo and behold...my boss calls me at 7 am saying SHE is calling in sick!! Go figure...I told her I had been sick all weekend and she was sympathetic. She wanted me to get there to open, but I wasn't able to get there in time, so she said she would get there and open for me and then leave. So, get to work....she did a couple things, asked how I was feeling and to CALL her if I felt worse. I told her I would be fine, no worries, I would get through it. She left then (later I figured out she left in a huff) and came back about an hour or so later ready for work!! I told her to march herself right back around and go home. I would be fine! She said I made her feel bad and so she decided to come back. I insisted and said, "no, I'm fine...I've got the day all worked out and you just go home and rest." So, she left and made me promise to call if I felt worse. I felt ok (except I probably shouldn't have eaten those skittles) and made it through just fine!!

Then!!! I get to work at the gym (immediately from the bank to the gym I might add) and there is a bouquet of flowers (hence the photo) and a gift certificate for a 1 hour massage from the owners of the fitness center!! How ridiculously sweet was that??? I asked Kent, the owner, why I was the recipient of such good things and he said "cuz you're awesome!!" Awwwww......so, yeah, one crazy event led to a nice one!!

That's all for tonight. Until next time.....

2 comments:

  1. Well, Toots, I've always known you were awesome...nice to know others think so, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhh, how sweet!!! Yes, we all think you are awesome - and it feels so good when others besides your family let you know that, doesn't it?
    Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete