Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday...a day of rest!!

Hey all!!

Well today is the first day off I have had in about 2 weeks so I'm very happy today!! I got to sleep in until about 9ish, got up and ran on the treadmill for 45 minutes, then showered, dressed and did some things around the house and texted or talked on the phone to Shane the whole time. Finally got off the phone and drove down to the store to get the ingredients to make chicken ala king!! We used to be able to buy the frozen little bags of the mix and just boil it up and voila, you've got the sauce to throw over a biscuit. Well, those frozen bag days are long gone and so I looked up a recipe online and made it myself, thank you very much!! The recipe called for bell pepper and mushroom, but I also added chopped carrots and celery for more color/flavor. It is delicious!! I also had too much chicken boiled up so I threw some in the small crockpot with BBQ sauce and now we've got another meal to attack!! I really love to cook when I have the time. It's relaxing and fun!

I also fixed up the storage shed a bit and got my Easter decor out and put the St. Patty's day stuff away. The customers at the bank like the fact I have a little holiday display. They say then, they know what holiday is coming up!! hahaha

It is sunny outside, but a bit breezy. I spent a little time in the front yard raking and I also let the cats roll around outside for a bit also. They love it. I also don't have to worry as much about them getting away as now our yard is fenced in.

So, I'm feeling relieved that I got a lot of things done that needed to be done this weekend. It's a wonderful feeling... Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Toots...sounds like you had a great day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, isn't it nice to sleep in a little?
    I actually got up early today and I also did my exercising right away.
    I got out all my Easter candles and spring colored candles yesterday. We are thinking spring for sure!!! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice that you can talk with Shane for while. Didn't know you had a fenced-in yard. I love cooking too. Usually Sunday I make a big meal for the next couple of days. It got REALLY windy up here yesterday about 2:00 and then snowed an inch after 9 pm last night. Take care!
    You need more days off, but I know what you mean about sleeping in. Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete